We have completed an initial site selection evaluation process over 150 potential blue and teal carbon sites. This involved initial desktop work, analysing satellite and LiDAR data and in-field reconnaissance. We have shortlisted and selected several project sites that have large-scale potential for nature-based solution and/or habitat creation.
Location: Northern Australia
Proposed method: Combination of blue, teal and green (ERF, Verra and Gold Standard methodologies)
Project life: Combination of ~100 years (blue carbon projects) and ~25 years (green, teal carbon projects).
- Completed a concept design for the Blue Carbon Institute.
- Commenced stakeholder engagement with landowners, traditional owners, Land Councils, Local, State/Territory, Federal Government and others.
- Completed an initial site selection evaluation process for approximately 150 potential blue and teal carbon sites (desktop work and in-field reconnaissance). Shortlisted project sites with large scale and completed pilot project design.
- Commenced drafting a portfolio of commercial agreements for various stages of project development.
- Began assembling a consortium required to deliver the projects at scale.
- Commenced in-field pilot projects as are necessary for carbon credit registration.
- Commenced the building of a Project Developer and Trading Platform.
- Started developing a portfolio of carbon offtake agreements and expressions of interest (EOIs) at various stages.
- Commenced application process for an AFSL & CMS.
- Commenced recruiting an Australian, Singapore and Indo-Pacific team.
- Released several work packages to suppliers and contractors.
Project fact sheets and posters
Project related fact sheets and posters will be available here »
Project registration & approvals
Project-related registration and regulatory information will be available here.