Investing in Blue Carbon S2C
By choosing to invest in Blue Carbon S2C (BC-S2C) blue, teal and green carbon farming projects; corporates, institutions, UHNW, and HNW individual investors achieve a range of benefits:
- Supporting environmental, social and governance (ESG) benefits and outcomes.
- Supporting United Nation’s Sustainable Development Goals (UN SDG).
- Supporting local, community and Indigenous employment opportunities.
- Supporting coastal conservation for future generations and ecosystems.
BC-S2C considers three environmental, social and governance (ESG) pillars and ten themes alongside financial factors in the investment decision-making process in our projects. The ten themes we consider are listed below:
- Climate change.
- Natural resources.
- Pollution and waste.
- Environmental opportunities.
- Human capital.
- Product stewardship.
- Stakeholder relationships.
- Social opportunities.
- Corporate governance.
Examples of BC-S2C contributions towards UN SDG goals
The United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (UN SDG) are a call for action by all countries – poor, middle and rich income – to promote prosperity while protecting the planet. All UN member states adopted the 17 UN SDG in 2015 as part of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development. The UN SDG lead toward a greener, more inclusive economies and robust, more resilient societies.
The United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (UN SDG) are a call for action by all countries – poor, middle and rich income – to promote prosperity while protecting the planet. All UN member states adopted the 17 UN SDG in 2015 as part of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development. The UN SDG lead toward a greener, more inclusive economies and robust, more resilient societies. BC-S2C contributes toward 10 of the 17 UN SDG:
- SDG 1 No poverty – (SDG5).
- SDG 6 Clean water (SDG 6).
- SDG 8 Decent work and economic growth (SDG 3).
- SDG 9 Industry, innovation and infrastructure (SDG 5).
- SDG 10 Reduced inequalities (SDG 1).
- SDG 11 Sustainable cities and communities (SDG 5).
- ASD 12 Responsible consumption and production (SDG 2).
- SDG 13 Climate action (SDG 1).
- SDG 14 Life below water (SDG 2).
- SDG 15 Life on land (SDG x).
Examples of BC-S2C contributions towards the main SDG sub-goals are:
- SDG 13 Climate action (13.1) Strengthen resilience and adaptive capacity to all countries’ climate-related hazards and natural disasters.
- SDG 14 Life below water (14.2) By 2020, sustainably manage and protect marine and coastal ecosystems to avoid significant adverse impacts, including strengthening their resilience and taking action for their restoration
to achieve healthy and productive oceans.
- SDG 15 Life on land (15.1) By 2020, ensure the conservation, restoration and sustainable use of terrestrial and inland freshwater ecosystems and their services, in particular forests, wetlands, mountains and drylands,
in line with obligations under international agreements.
BC-S2C supports the Paris Agreement
The central aim of the 2015 Paris Agreement is to strengthen the global response to the threat of climate change by keeping the global temperature rise below 2 degrees Celsius above pre-industrial levels, or even below 1.5 degrees Celsius. Additionally, the Paris Agreement aims to strengthen countries’ ability to deal with climate change’s impacts. To reach these goals, BC-S2C is contributing toward the financing, new technology, climate action and an enhanced capacity-building framework that supports the Paris Agreement.