Blue Carbon S2C is looking for an experienced multidisciplinary product manager to lead teams delivering software and hardware solutions for both internal and external customer groups.
The ideal candidate will have background and experience in product management, project management, user experience design and design thinking, with strong skills in developing and overseeing work plans. The person in this role will also prepare and present updates regularly to relevant management channels, ensuring that product goals are being achieved on-time and in-budget.
The ideal candidate will have big ideas and strategies that foster an environment of collaboration and creativity. We need someone who has an entrepreneurial mindset for distilling business value and goals into roadmaps and refined product backlogs. Most important, we need a product manager who can help us build great products with great user experience that people will love to use.
Objectives of this role
- Drive the product- and business-planning processes for cross-functional teams
- Analyze product requirements and develop appropriate programs to ensure delivery
- Develop, implement, and maintain production timelines across multiple projects and products
- Appraise new product ideas and strategize appropriate go-to-market plans
- Work with and lead project teams to ensure maximum performance, by providing purpose, direction, and motivation
- Lead projects from requirements definition through deployment, identifying schedules, scopes, budget estimations, and implementation plans
- Coordinate internal and external resources to ensure that projects adhere to scope, schedule, and budget
- Analyze project status and, when necessary, revise the scope, schedule, or budget to ensure that project requirements can be met
- Lead team scrums to define product vision, roadmap, and growth opportunities, and communicate with stakeholders throughout the project
- Collaborate with internal and external contacts to analyze needs and align product roadmap to strategic goals
- Work closely with business stakeholders to create and maintain product backlogs according to business priorities
- Drive the execution of all processes in the product lifecycle, including product and market research, competitor analysis, planning, positioning, requirements and roadmap development, and product launch
- Translate product strategy into detailed requirements for prototyping and final development by engineering teams
- Create product strategy documents that describe business cases, high-level use cases, and technical requirements
- Collaborate closely with engineering, marketing, and operational teams in the development, QA, and release of products, and balance resources to ensure success for the entire organization
- Establish and maintain processes for managing scope during the project lifecycle, setting quality and performance standards and assessing risks
- Assign and monitor resources to ensure project efficiency and maximize deliverables
- Report project outcomes and/or risks to the appropriate management channels and escalate issues, as necessary, according to project work plan
- Plan and prioritize product development and product feature backlog
- Develop detailed product feature specifications and ensure they’re clearly understood by relevant teams
- Assess value, develop cases, and prioritize stories, epics, and themes to ensure work aligns with product strategy
- Mitigate roadblocks to achieving sprint/release goals
- Lead the product-release plans and set expectations for delivery of new functionalities
- Serve as product ambassador internally and externally, sharing knowledge and answering questions
Required skills and qualifications
- Strong experience in product management, project management and design thinking
- Proven success in overseeing all elements of the product development lifecycle
- High effectiveness in managing cross-functional teams
- Excellent writing and editing skills, combined with strong presentation skills
- Fluent in both English and Vietnamese
Preferred skills and qualifications
- Previous experience in software and web product development
- In-depth knowledge of agile methodology for project management
- Understanding of business value related to features and functions
- Outstanding communication, presentation, and leadership skills
- Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to effectively manage conflicting needs of stakeholders
- Professional certification such as PMP (Project Management Professional)
Candidates are encouraged to express interest by sending their contact details and CV in advance to HR@bluecarbons2c.com.
All candidates offered employment will be subject to a pre-employment medical assessment and national criminal history record check.
BC-S2C is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applicants from all backgrounds to apply, especially Indigenous peoples.