BC-S2C’s strategy is to achieve real action on climate change and solid shareholder returns by:
- Developing, financing (owning) and operating a portfolio of long-life, low-cost, blue, teal and green carbon projects at a scale that generates a reliable supply of high integrity carbon credits and co-benefits from Australia and the Indo-Pacific.
- Trading our own and third-party credits and co-benefits through our Trading Platform or directly to clients with our platform connecting to their platform.
Our strategy is based on a balanced scorecard approach with a focus on financial (projects- own and aggregated), landowners (carbon credit suppliers), clients (carbon credit buyers), and internal (business systems and human, information & organisational capital) pillars.
Our objectives are to ensure:
- We build a portfolio of blue, teal and green ecosystem restoration projects that generate carbon credits at scale across a range of jurisdictions (Australia and the Indo-Pacific).
- We use a range of “best-available technique” methodologies, like the Emissions Reduction Fund (ERF) methodology for Australian Carbon Credit Units (ACCUs) and the international Verra and Gold Standard methodologies and their respective credit types.
- We trade real, verified, and high-quality “carbon credits + co-benefits”, competitively priced on our platform (or directly to clients, with our platform connecting to their platform) through our internal business systems and our Australian Financial Services Licence (AFSL).
- Our carbon credits and co-benefits help meet our client’s climate change commitments, decarbonisation strategies, ESG strategies and demonstrate support for the Paris Agreement and several United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (UN-SDG).
- Our BC-S2C team and BlueCarbon Institute (BC-I) team provide human information and organisational capital, plus the best-applied research, trained teams and thousands of plants per year, enabled by mobile camps and marine services, to achieve real action on climate change.
We know we are successful when:
- Our people return home each day safely and we have contributed towards achieving real action on climate change with our projects.
- We have delivered major projects at scale by restoring and protecting 10,000 hectares of blue, teal and green carbon ecosystems
- We and our clients have retired 1,000,000 of our carbon credits
- Our carbon credits and co-benefits have helped meet our client’s climate change commitments, decarbonisation strategies, ESG strategies and have demonstrate support for the Paris Agreement and several United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (UN SDG)
- We have created our first 200 jobs (50 direct jobs and 150 indirect jobs), with a focus on expanding Indigenous and female workforce opportunities
- We have delivered our projects sustainably, on time, on budget, on spec and with operational and financial discipline and with a sense of purpose and fun
- We have created material economic wealth in the form of taxes, royalties, wages, supplier invoices and our shareholders have received solid share price and dividend returns.